Industry: Dairy Industry
Description of project:
This project involved the building of a new TINE speciality cheese manufacturing facility which will make Jarlsberg cheese and will rely on milk products supplied directly from the adjacent Dairygold facility.
- Construction of a new cheese production building on a greenfield site.
- Construction of new internal vehicle circulation routes, pedestrian walkways (footpaths) and parking areas.
- New plant, underground and over ground distribution services network; new drainage and run-off control systems.
- New tanks, bunds, vessels etc.
- Boundary landscaping and associated earthworks.
- Site works, services, external lighting and associated works.
- Service tie-in works with the adjacent Dairygold facility.
- Assembly, installation, testing and commissioning of process equipment.
- Connections and reinstatement works on public roads to facilitate new utilities connections.
- Road works on public roads to facilitate new entrances.
Industry: Approximately 70 Million
Description of project:
- Working in close proximity to live existing facility.
- Separate Dairygold project taking place at the same time adjacent to the Tine project.
- Limited space for set up and laydown.
- Fast track programme.
- Large scale winter shutdown to get all necessary upgrades and tie ins complete.
- Local residents in close proximity.
- Managing multiple Equipment suppliers from outside of Ireland.
ASM approach to the management of those risks visa-vie the role we had.
- Designated ASM Safety manager to deal with each project. Additional resourcing of the role during peak times on the project.
- Co ordinated to arrange a combined compound & car parking for both projects.
- Dairy co ordination meetings taking place on each project.
- On going engagement with Client and design teams to co ordinate upcoming works.
- Supported non- Irish companies / suppliers to get familiar with Irish H&S requirements.
- 1. Dairygold plant remained fully operational and during this time completed a number of quality audits with overall positive outcomes.
- 2. Tine on track to start commercial production by December 2019
- 3. No serious accidents on the project, 1 reportable LTA which was a leg injury, all other incident where minor.
- 4. Regular communication with local residents to ensure any issues raised we addressed and closed out