About the Course
Course Duration: 1/2 day
The construction sector is a heavily regulated industry. The first step in all projects is the initiation of a project by a Client. The Health & Safety Authority and Regulators have recognised the influence Clients can have on a project and as a result has detailed very prescriptive duties for Client. This course covers the role of the Client and gives practical examples of how Clients can ensure compliance with their duties.
- Fully understand the role of Client as it pertains to H&S.
- To be able to assess the competency of persons wishing to act as PSDP, Designer, PSCS & Contractor
- To successfully appointed a Client Representative for their projects.
- Introduction to the Course
- History of the Legislation
- Introduction to Key Duty Holders
- Detailed Examination of the Duties of Clients.
- Regulation 6 – Appointment of Project Supervisors
- What is a Project
- When is a PSDP & PSCS Required?
- Regulation 7 – Duties to ascertain suitability of project supervisor, designer and contractor appointments.
- Definition: Competence
- Regulation 8 – Duties of the client, safety file.
- Regulation 9 – Duties of the client, safety and health plan.
- Regulation 10 – Duties of the client, notification to the authority.
- Duties of Designers, PSDP, PSCS & Contractors
- Duties of PSDP – Overview of the duties of the PSDP
- Duties of Designers – Overview of the duties of the Designers
- Duties of PSCS – Overview of the duties of the PSCS
- Duties of Contractors – Overview of the duties of the
- Course summary