About the Fire Safety Training Course
Course Duration: 2 Hours
This fire safety awareness course is designed to give personnel an understanding of fire safety in the workplace. Participants in the fire safety training will be given a basic understanding of fire chemistry, fire prevention and firefighting. They will learn how to react upon discovering a fire and evacuation procedures.
Any member of staff within organisations who are required to deal with fire situations in the workplace
On completion of this Fire Safety Training participants will be able to:
- Have a basic knowledge of fire
- Know the different classes of fire
- Identify all types of fire extinguisher
- Know how to use a fire extinguisher
- Be able to use all types of fire extinguishers
- The Fire Triangle
- Fire classification
- Types of fire extinguishers
- Operation of fire extinguishers and fire safety equipment
- Inspection and maintenance of fire extinguishers
- Practical Simulation Exercise
Additional Course Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a fire safety awareness course?
ASM’s fire safety awareness course is designed to educate anyone who may need an understanding of fire safety in the workplace. Participants will learn how to safely and effectively manage situations involving fire. They will be taught the basic chemistry of fire, fire prevention, and essential firefighting skills. They will learn how best to react should they discover a fire in the workplace, and the correct procedures to follow to evacuate the area and get the fire under control.
Why do a fire safety training course?
A fire safety training course is essential education for anyone who may have to deal with fire in the workplace. Someone who is well equipped with fire safety information can feel confident in protecting their co-workers from any potential fire threat. Fire safety education is fundamental to ensuring a safe workplace and could even save lives.
What do you learn on a fire safety awareness course?
Participants in our fire safety awareness course will learn the following fire training techniques:
- Fire and health and safety basics such as how fires work, and the different classes of fire
- To identify all types of fire extinguisher, and how to use them
- How to inspect and maintain fire extinguishers
- Legislation around fire safety and what is legally required in the workplace
- The Fire Triangle
Additionally, participants on fire safety training courses will experience a fire simulation exercise, which will give them the practical experience they need to effectively and safely manage a fire emergency.
How long does a fire safety awareness course take?
The course duration is two hours, and is completed with a written assessment to ensure participants have fully absorbed their new skills. Each course can accommodate 12 participants.