About the Course
Course Duration: 1/2 day
This fire warden training course is designed for personnel who have the responsibility of fire safety and fire safety provisions in the workplace as required under current health and safety legislation.
This training course is aimed at all managers, supervisors or employees with duties for fire safety within an organisation.
On completion of this training participants will be able to:
- List their duties as fire wardens
- Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- Use portable fire extinguishers
- Manage and control evacuations
- Describe the chemistry of fire
- Monitor fire controls in the workplace
- Fire Warden Duties
- Chemistry of fire
- Case Studies
- Fire Prevention
- Classification of fires
- Evacuation procedures
- Fire Extinguishers
- Practical Simulation Exercise
Written and practical test
Additional Course Requirements
Fire Warden Training FAQ's
What is Fire Warden training?
This Fire Warden training course is designed for anyone who has the responsibility for fire safety provisions in the workplace. Current legislation requires that each workplace has designated fire safety personnel, who must undertake Fire Warden training so that they are well equipped to ensure the safety of their workplace.
Why do Fire Warden training?
If you are the designated fire safety person for your workplace, you must undertake official Fire Warden training. This is very important to ensure that you know what to do in the event of a workplace fire. As well as for practical health and safety, it is also a legal requirement for a workplace to have a properly trained fire warden.
What do you learn on a Fire Warden training course?
On completion of the course, the participants will have a good awareness of health and safety concerns to do with managing workplace fires. They will be able to:
- Understand their duties as fire wardens
- Identify fire hazards
- Use fire safety equipment such as fire extinguishers
- Manage and control emergency evacuations
- Understand the basic chemistry of fire
- Understand fire legislation as relevant to their workplace and their duties
- Implement fire prevention plans
- Classify fires
Additionally, the course will also involve a practical simulation exercise allowing participants to test their new skills.
How long does a Fire Warden training course take?
This course takes half a day, with space for 12 participants. It will be assessed through both written and practical tests.