About the Course
Course Duration: 3 Days
On completion of this course, the First Aid Responder will be equipped with the necessary practical skills, knowledge, and confidence to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries or illness, and maintain the care and comfort of a patient until the arrival of emergency medical services. This course also includes training in the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the skills necessary to perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
This course is specifically designed for those staff or individuals with an interest in becoming a qualified First-Aider in the workplace
On completion of this training participants will be able to:
- Recognise and Assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury in a pre-hospital environment and call for emergency medical services.
- React to such pre-hospital emergencies
- Respond in a safe, effective, and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid Response skill set.
- Record and Report actions and interventions taken while responding to and managing such incidents and during handover to emergency medical services.
- Retain a professional and caring attitude in their performance as First Aid Responders.
Course Objectives for Organisation
- Reduced Absenteeism.
- Improved productivity within the workplace.
- Improved performance from individuals and teams.
- Empowered action leading to long term effectiveness within the organisation.
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedures
- Cardiac First Response (CFR) Community
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Injury Management & Shock
- Care of an Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical Injury Care
- Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
- Information management
- Well-Being of a First Aid Responder
- MCQ test and Skills assessment
Additional Course Requirements
- Be over the age of 16
- Have a good level of English