About the Course
Course Duration: 2 Days
On completion of this course, the First Aid Responder will have refreshed the practical skills, knowledge to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries or illness, and maintain the care and comfort of a patient until the arrival of emergency medical services. This course also include refresher training in the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
This course is specifically designed for existing First Aid Responders who are required to refresh their first aid skills every two years
On completion of this training participants will be able to:
- Recognise and Assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury in a pre-hospital environment and call for emergency medical services.
- React to such pre-hospital emergencies.
- Respond in a safe, effective, and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid Response skill set.
- Record and Report actions and interventions taken while responding to and managing such incidents and during handover to emergency medical services.
- Retain a professional and caring attitude in their performance as First Aid Responders.
Course Objectives for Organisation
- Reduced Absenteeism.
- Improved productivity within the workplace.
- Improved performance from individuals and teams.
- Empowered action leading to long term effectiveness within the organisation.
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedures
- Cardiac First Response (CFR) Community
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Injury Management & Shock
- Care of an Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical Injury Care
- Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
- Information management
- Well-Being of a First Aid Responder
MCQ test and Skills assessment
Additional Course Requirements
- Previous PHECC certificate from the last two years
First Aid Responder Refresher Training FAQs
What is First Aid Responder Refresher training?
This course aims to refresh participants knowledge of how to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries and illness, and maintain patient care until the arrival of the emergency services. It will help attendees maintain their practical first aid skills and update their medical knowledge so that they can take the best possible actions in an emergency. This course also includes refresher training in the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED), and in Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Why do First Aid Responder Refresher training?
If you have previously completed a first aid course in the last two years, but are struggling to remember all the details, this refresher will help you keep your skills up to date. First Aid Responders are required to refresh their skills every two years in order to retain their position.
What do you learn on First Aid Responder Refresher training?
- To recognize and assess illness and injury, and when to call the emergency services
- How to respond in a safe, effective and appropriate manner to emergencies, utilizing the First Aid Response skill set
- How to record and report actions taken while responding and how to hand over to the emergency services
- Patient assessment
- Incident procedures
- Common medical emergencies
- Care of an unconscious patient
- Injury management and shock
- Burns and electrical injury care
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia
How long is First Aid Responder Refresher training?
The course takes 2 days and is assessed by an MCQ test and skills assessment. Participants must hold a previous PHECC certificate from within the last two years in order to enrol on this refresher course.
Upcoming 2 Day Course
For a full list of upcoming courses click “Book Course” below.
Got a Question before you Book?
Fill in the contact form below and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly.