About the Course
Course Duration: One Day
This course will provide certified forklift training course participants with an update on their knowledge, skills and attitude to successfully recertify in the safe operation of a forklift truck
Certified forklift truck drivers who are required to refresh their forklift truck skills
On completion of this training participants will be able to:
- Operate a forklift truck safely using correct driving technique’s
- Demonstrate safe loading/unloading, movement of loads & stacking in and out of racking systems
- Refuel & recharge a forklift truck safely and understand pre use inspection’s
- Understand stability and lifting capabilities
- Course Introduction
- Daily forklift truck Inspections
- Forklift truck battery care or refuelling
- Correct forklift truck operating technique
- Safe Working loads
- Forklift stability
- Forklift controls and their functions
- Safe start up and manoeuvre of the forklift
- Correctly pick up and put down the load from various heights
- Understand and performing of undercutting
- Safely park and stop truck
- Select, fit and detach attachments
Written test and practical test
Additional Course Requirements
- Be over the age of 16
- Be medically fit to operate machinery
- Personal Protective Equipment. (i.e. Helmet, Safety Boots, Hi-Visibility Vest.)
- Have a good level of English
- For on-site training a suitable area and the required equipment must be available for both practical and theory sessions to be carried out.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the ASM Group forklift truck refresher training course?
This course is designed for certified forklift truck drivers who need to refresh their skills and knowledge, in order to recertify and continue to operate their machinery safely and efficiently.
Why do the ASM Group forklift truck refresher training course?
If you are required to drive a forklift truck as part of your workplace duties, you must keep your certification valid and current. This course can provide you with that essential recertification, whilst refreshing your knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining your forklift truck.
What do you learn on the ASM Group forklift truck refresher training course?
This course ensures participants will be able to:
- Operate a forklift truck safely using approved driving techniques
- Perform basic maintenance on the forklift, including daily inspections, refuelling, and recharging
- Understand the operational capabilities of the forklift, including its stability and lifting capabilities
- Safely load and unload the forklift, manoeuvre, and use stacking in and out racking systems
- Pick up and put down loads from varying heights
- Understand and perform undercutting
- Understand what a safe working load is for the machine they are using
- Have a full understanding of the health and safety issues involved with the operation and maintenance of a forklift truck.
How long is the ASM Group forklift truck refresher training course?
This training course takes one full day. Participants are required to be over the age of 16, be medically fit to operate machinery, and have a good level of English. They should wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), including a helmet, hi-vis vest, and safety boots.