About the IOSH Safety Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers Course
Duration: Four Days
IOSH Safety, Health & Environment for Construction Site Managers, is aimed at personnel who oversees or manages Safety, Health and Environmental risks associated with any construction activities.
This managing safely for construction managers course provides construction site managers with the tools necessary to meet their responsibilities and challenges and in addition to recognise the opportunities that a clear focus on Safety, Health and the Environment can result in a construction project.
This managing safely in construction course provides a step-by-step guide to understanding occupational health and safety and managing the risks and is an ideal course for construction site managers and foremen who want to gain knowledge and build competency in construction safety and for anyone who oversees or manages Safety, Health and Environmental risks associated with construction activities.
- Assess and control risks on-site for both workers and the public
- Understand relevant health, safety & environmental legislation/codes of practice/information and guidance on compliance
- Understand the legal duties and management responsibility
- Comprehend the duties and responsibilities of Employees, Clients, Designers, Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Appreciation the process of Risk Assessment and Control, Active Monitoring and Reactive Monitoring
- Select workplace precautions, relative to the hazards and record results of risk assessments and carry out reviews
- Report on accidents and incidents and distinguish between accidents, incidents and near misses and statutory requirement for reporting and recording
- Introducing managing safely in construction
- Assessing risks in construction
- Controlling risks in construction
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards in construction
- Investigating accidents and incidents in construction
- Measuring performance in construction
- Written assessment consisting of 22 short answer questions
- Practical project which consists of a risk assessment on the candidate’s work environment
Additional Course Requirements
- Have a good level of English
Related IOSH Courses
IOSH Managing Safely
IOSH Managing Safely is intended for those required to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both their organisation’s policy and best practice in health and safety.
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
The IOSH Managing Safely refresher one day course is designed to provide ongoing guidance to managers in dealing with health and safety in their respective workplaces.