Head of Recruitment Services
job reference number:160
Reports to: Managing Director
Lead the formal set-up of the recruitment division in ASM. Partnering with and providing high-end recruitment solutions to clients in the Construction Industry (Pharmaceutical, Biopharma, Food & Drinks, Engineering and Medical Device Industries). To manage all stages of the recruitment process with both candidates and clients, providing an excellent service within a specialised sector, and to grow and develop the business within this market.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS (KRAs)
KRA 1: Business Set up
- Manage, implement and continuingly develop the Recruitment Division business plan so that we start to see a return on investment as soon as possible and reach our overall recruitment targets at 6 months and 12 months.
- Work with the MD to Digital Marketing Consultant in this business set up and development.
- Work with the MD & ASM senior mgmt. team in developing our recruitment offering to existing Clients.
KRA 2: Sales
The business works with various recruitment models as follows:
- Permanent Placement
- Contractors- Managed
- Contractors- Inactive management
- ASM internal recruitment – direct employees
- ASM Contractor hires where they represent ASM on a client site
- Achieving monthly and quarterly hire and fee targets by:
- Sourcing and retaining suitable candidates through advertising, search and networking.
- Sourcing potential candidates through: conducting detailed database searches; researching, identifying & approaching suitably qualified professionals; and using industry networks to identify appropriate talent.
- Screening and assessing interested candidates.
- Presenting shortlists of closely matched candidates to client companies.
- Facilitating the recruitment process including scheduling interviews, assessment centres, medicals, references, negotiating job offers, contract administration etc.
- Interviewing, selection and assessment of candidates.
- Maintaining personal and team activity levels.
- Cross selling other ASM H&S services.
- Managing and developing relationships with key clients to the ASM recruitment standard.
- Examining your monthly metrics in the Business Planning meetings so as to make progress.
KRA: Business Development
- Business development activity targeting new and existing clients, including research, canvass calls, and quality calls.
- Proactively arranging and conducting client visits with new and existing clients.
- Developing and maintaining an expert knowledge of this specialist sector.
- Involvement in devising marketing strategies and completing all scheduled marketing activity
KRA: Customer Service & Relationships
- Ensure a high level of service to ASM business units and their leaders/ SMT in relation to all placements as per KRA 1 (Sales) above
- Preparing candidates and clients for interview.
- Post-interview debriefing of candidates and clients.
- Managing the closing of the recruitment process professionally to ASM standards.
- Ensuring that all clients and candidates receive the highest possible level of service on an ongoing basis/ post placement but particularly for potential reoccurring placements.
KRA: Administration and Continuous Process improvement
- Write all SOPs in this business start-up for the Recruitment Division.
- Reference Checking of candidates to the most professional standard.
- Taking incoming job bookings from clients including detailed job specification and information on client company.
- Co-ordinating ‘live bookings’ and arranging interviews between clients and candidates.
- Keeping the MD in the loop regarding communication with clients and candidates.
- Completing all candidate and client information on database system and administration of client and candidate files to ensure all are kept up to date
DEMONSTRATION OF VALUES
All employees should continually promote legacy of ASM Culture through demonstrating its values –, Integrity, Compliance, Trust, Cost Benefit Solutions, Leaders in our field, Continuous Improvement
PRIOR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Educated to Diploma/Degree level.
Previous senior level experience in recruitment is essential.
Experience in recruiting technical professionals (Health and Safety or Engineering) within the construction/pharmaceutical or food & drinks industries is highly desirable
|Commercial Awareness||Demonstrates a commercial understanding of how the business operates. Commercially astute & aware of current activity and able to identify new opportunities e.g. ways of increasing business and improving the gross margin. Sufficient business acumen/ commercial awareness to visualise the role and communicate it to candidates accurately. Puts energy where it will be rewarded commercially.|
|Team Work & Relationships||Works collaboratively with others and actively contributes. Demonstrates commitment to achieve group objectives. Recognizes others’ performance. Understands the needs and goals of others, adapting own views and behaviours when appropriate. Develops solid and lasting relationships with customers who trust ASM Recruitment; professional yet warm and approachable.|
|Drive, target focused||Focused on achieving sales targets and increasing revenue. Demonstrates they know how to close a sale. Highly motivates to achieve and exceeds goals/ results; enjoys challenging and demanding goals; High energy levels, positive attitude, invests energy in role. Strives to be the best in field; Can handle pressure well; relentless in search for matching candidates to jobs. Remains positive and optimistic when setbacks occur.|
|Process Oriented Thinking||Approaches tasks in a systematic, process oriented fashion, ensuring the consistent application of practices and accuracy. Improving the standardization of processes, policy and procedure appropriate to your level in the organization. Serious attention to detail.|
|Risk Taking/ Innovation||Challenge the status quo in a drive for improvement and come up with new ideas to operate more efficiently. Tries different or novel ways of dealing with organizational problems and opportunities. At a highly developed level, they act as “change catalysts” for the whole organization. Entrepreneurial. Confident.|
|Perceptive and Judgment||Perceptive in identifying the right candidates for role, demonstrating good judgment and an understanding of culture/ fit. Operates best practice selection techniques.|
|Networking||Proactively seeks opportunities to create new business and grow own area and generates activity to achieve this. At ease meeting others and puts others at ease.|
|Communication||Articulate in communicating their views, builds and develops rapport through conversation and written communication, a good listener. Ability to communicate plans. Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with candidates and clients through excellent listening skills, questioning skills and empathy where required. Understands issues from candidate/client point of view and tailor approach accordingly; communicates this understanding|
|Planning & Organising in fast paced environment||Plans and organizes time, resources, work effectively and efficiently. Demonstrates the ability to plan ahead and prioritise. Meets commitments. Ability to work consistently and accurately at a fast pace, getting it right first time, and still have time to listen to others from the team perspective. Manages time very well.|
|Consistently delivers a high level quality service to colleagues and clients. Presents themselves professionally and behaves to high standard of ethics as per the ASM Values|
|Influencing & Negotiation||Persuades and influences decisions makers, candidates and clients. Comfortable negotiating and presenting an alternative viewpoint. Works a win win mentality. Understands the balance between fee generation profit and long term relationships.|
|IT Skills||Appropriate level of computer literacy. Uses IT systems to enhance your work flow and speed and to improve processes and systems.|
|Flexibility||Adaptable in unexpected situations, will work as a team to get something done even if they are asked to perform duties outside their normal role. Occasionally stays late to get the job done. Able to deal with changing requirements of a client or colleague.|