About the Course
Course Duration: 1/2 day
Permits to Work is necessary for high- risk activities and in particular for activities where existing safety procedures may be compromised by the nature of the work
All staff engaged in manual handling activities during their working day.
On completion of this training participants will be able to:
- Determine the types of work may require a permit to work
- Highlight who is responsible for preparing and issuing permits
- Detail the information to be included in a permit to work system
- Understand what must be in place before, during and after permit to work situations
- Introduction to permit to work systems
- Creating a permit to work system in the workplace
- Permit to work in practice – example and case studies
Multiple Choice Questions
Additional Course Requirements
- Have a good level of English
Permit to Work training course FAQs
What is a Permit to Work training course?
A Permit to Work training course is designed to educate those whose work includes manual handling activities, as to when they may need a permit to work. It is particularly important for high risk activities, where the nature of the work may compromise existing health and safety procedures. If your job includes the possibility of needing a permit to work, this training course will be essential in helping you understand the ins and outs of permit to work systems and how to set them up.
Why do a Permit to Work training course?
All staff who engage in manual handling activities in the course of their employment are required to do a Permit to Work training course. This will qualify them to correctly identify situations where a work permit may be required, ensuring they know who is responsible for issuing permits, and understand what must be in place before, during and after a permit is issued.
What do you learn on a Permit to Work training course?
Our Permit to Work training course will train participants to:
- Identify situations where a permit may be required
- Detail the information needed for a permit
- Know who is responsible, within their workplace, for issuing permits
- Understand how to create a permit to work system in their workplace
- Have a good working knowledge of permit to work systems in practice, through our use of case studies
How long does a Permit to Work training course take?
The Permit to Work training course takes half a day, and is assessed through a multiple choice test. The course requires participants to have a good level of English.