Project Supervisor Construction Stage Course – PSCS Training
About the Course
Course Duration: 1 day
The regulations covering construction activates in Ireland are wide and varied. None more important than Part 2 of the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Construction Regulations 2013 – Design & Mgmt. Regulations. This training course covers the duties of the Project Supervisor for the Construction Stage and Contractors.
This training course covering the duties of the PSCS is suitable for all Client personnel involved in construction activities in their organisation (management team members, facilities, procurement, engineering and maintenance), consultants acting in the role of PSCS, Contractor mgmt. teams acting in the role of PSCS and Safety Officers/Managers.
ASM Group certification awarded on successful completion of the course
Course Objectives for Participants
On completion of this PSCS training course participants will be able to:
- Fully understand the role of the Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) and Contractor as it pertains to Health and Safety
- To be able to assess the competency of persons wishing to act as Contractors.
- To successfully act as PSCS and Contractor with respect to the Health and Safety legislation.
Course Objectives for Organisation
- Reduced Absenteeism.
- Improved productivity within the workplace.
- Improved performance from individuals and teams.
- Empowered safety management action leading to long term effectiveness within the organisation.
- Introduction to the Project Supervisor Construction Stage Course
- History of the Legislation
- Introduction to Key Duty Holders
- Detailed Examination of the Duties of the PSCS
- Workshop 1. Particular Risks in Construction
- Detailed Examination of the Duties of Contractors
- Practical Implementation
- Notification to the Health and Safety Authority (AF2).
- Appointment Letter.
- Review of Preliminary Safety and Health Plan
- PSCS site survey.
- Preparation of Construction Stage Plan
- Contractor Documentation required (Safety Statement & Method Statement, insurances)
- Site Safety Induction
- Monitoring & Reviewing
- Contractor Coordination
- Project Safety File
- Course summary
- Written and practical test