Project Supervisor Design Process Course – PSDP Training
About the Course
Course Duration: One Day
The regulations covering construction activates in Ireland are wide and varied. None more important than Part 2 of the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Construction Regulations 2013 – Design & Mgmt. Regulations. This PSDP course covers the duties of the Client, Designers and Project Supervisor for the Design Process.
This Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) programme is designed for anyone dealing with challenges related to Covid 19 resulting in remote working and reduced social engagement. It is also for those who support, supervise, and manage staff.
ASM Group certification awarded on successful completion of the PSDP course.
On completion of this PSDP training participants will be able to:
- Fully understand the role of Client, Designer and PSDP as it pertains to Health and Safety.
- To be able to assess the competency of persons wishing to act as Designer & PSDP
- To successfully act as Designer and PSDP with respect to the Health and Safety legislation.
- Introduction to the Course
- Role of PDSP
- Key definitions applicable to Design & Mgmt. under the 2005 Act.
- Designing For Safety in Construction:
- Legal Requirements
- Duties of the Client – Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
- Workshop 1 – Appointments.
- Particular Risks – Schedule 1 of the Construction Regulations 2013.
- Duty of Designers – Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
- General Principles of Prevention (Design Activity)
- Duties of the Project Supervisor Design Process – Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
- Workshop 2 – Particular Risks
- Practical Implementation
- Notification to the Health and Safety Authority (AF1).
- Designer kick off Meeting.
- Design Stage Meetings
- PSDP site survey.
- Design safety review.
- Design risk assessment / PSDP Risk Register
- Workshop 3 – Designer Risk Assessment Exercise
- Preliminary Health and Safety Plan (PSDP Plan).
- PSDP role during construction.
- Project Safety File.
- Course summary
- Written and practical test