About the Course
Course Duration: 2 Days
On completion of this course, the First Aid Responder will have refreshed the practical skills, knowledge to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries or illness, and maintain the care and comfort of a patient until the arrival of emergency medical services. This course also include refresher training in the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
This course is specifically designed for existing First Aid Responders who are required to refresh their first aid skills every two years
On completion of this training participants will be able to:
- Recognise and Assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury in a pre-hospital environment and call for emergency medical services.
- React to such pre-hospital emergencies.
- Respond in a safe, effective, and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid Response skill set.
- Record and Report actions and interventions taken while responding to and managing such incidents and during handover to emergency medical services.
- Retain a professional and caring attitude in their performance as First Aid Responders.
Course Objectives for Organisation
- Reduced Absenteeism.
- Improved productivity within the workplace.
- Improved performance from individuals and teams.
- Empowered action leading to long term effectiveness within the organisation.
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedures
- Cardiac First Response (CFR) Community
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Injury Management & Shock
- Care of an Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical Injury Care
- Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
- Information management
- Well-Being of a First Aid Responder
MCQ test and Skills assessment
Additional Course Requirements
- Previous PHECC certificate from the last two years