About the Course
Course Duration: One Day
This Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPs) training course will provide participants with the essential knowledge and skills required to operate specific types of MEWPs efficiently and safely
This course is designed for the operators of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) and those also looking to renew their operator licences for either scissors or boom lifts
On completion of this training participants will be able to:
- Identify their responsibilities under current health & safety legislation
- Operate a MEWP safely
- Conduct safety checks on MEWP’s – GA Forms Identify workplace hazards
- Identify workplace hazards
- Work safely at heights using an MEWP
- Understand the responsibilities of an MEWP operator
- Health & safety legislation and MEWP’s
- Procedures when operating a MEWP
- Daily safety checks / inspection
- Safe operating practices
- Emergency lowering procedures
- Personal protective equipment selection, inspection & correct use
Written test and practical test
Additional Course Requirements
- Be over the age of 16
- Be medically fit to operate machinery
- Personal Protective Equipment. (i.e. Helmet, Safety Boots, Hi-Visibility Vest.)
- Have a good level of English
- For on-site training a suitable area and the required equipment must be available for both practical and theory sessions to be carried out.
Frequnetly Asked Questions
What is ASM’s Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) training course?
This is a course designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge they need in order to operate specific types of MEWP confidently and safely.
Why do ASM’s Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) training course?
If you use MEWPs as part of your job, it is essential that you should receive training to enable you to use them safely. Likewise, if you are hoping to renew your license to operate either scissors or boom lifts, this course is for you.
What do you learn on ASM’s Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) training course?
This course ensures that participants will be able to:
- Comply with current health and safety legislation when operating MEWPs, as well as being aware of their specific responsibilities in line with this legislation
- Safely and confidently operate a MEWP
- Use GA Forms to identify workplace hazards
- Perform thorough safety checks on MEWPs
- Use MEWPs to work safely at height
They will also learn emergency lowering procedures, as well as how to use their PPE correctly.
How long is ASM’s Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) training course?
This course takes one day. It is assessed via a written and a practical assessment. Participants should be over the age of 16, have a good level of English, and be medically fit to operate machinery. They should wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), to include a safety helmet, hi-vis vest, and safety boots.