About the Course
Course Duration: 3 Days
On completion of this course, the First Aid Responder will be equipped with the necessary practical skills, knowledge, and confidence to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries or illness, and maintain the care and comfort of a patient until the arrival of emergency medical services. This course also includes training in the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the skills necessary to perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
First Aid Courses Cork
ASM Group runs regular first aid courses in Cork at SMA Wilton Community Centre, Wilton, Cork, T12 AX94. Some sessions will also take place on Zoom.
This course is specifically designed for those staff or individuals with an interest in becoming a qualified First-Aider in the workplace
On completion of this training participants will be able to:
- Recognise and Assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury in a pre-hospital environment and call for emergency medical services.
- React to such pre-hospital emergencies
- Respond in a safe, effective, and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid Response skill set.
- Record and Report actions and interventions taken while responding to and managing such incidents and during handover to emergency medical services.
- Retain a professional and caring attitude in their performance as First Aid Responders.
Course Objectives for Organisation
- Reduced Absenteeism.
- Improved productivity within the workplace.
- Improved performance from individuals and teams.
- Empowered action leading to long term effectiveness within the organisation.
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedures
- Cardiac First Response (CFR) Community
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Injury Management & Shock
- Care of an Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical Injury Care
- Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
- Information management
- Well-Being of a First Aid Responder
- MCQ test and Skills assessment
Additional Course Requirements
- Be over the age of 16
- Have a good level of English
First Aid Responder Beginner Training FAQs
What is ASM’s First Aid Responder Beginner training?
This is a course specifically designed for those who would like to become their workplace’s qualified First Aider. It equips individuals with the skills and knowledge to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries or illness, and maintain the care of a patient until the arrival of the emergency services.
Why do ASM’s First Aid Responder Beginner training?
Every workplace needs a qualified First Aider. If you would like to feel confident in dealing with medical emergencies, be able to help colleagues and friends, as well as add to your CV, then becoming a qualified First Aider could be for you. This training also has major benefits for organisations who send team members along, including empowering their workforce and equipping them to deal effectively with any health and safety emergencies.
What do you learn on ASM’s First Aid Responder Beginner training?
This course aims to cover a wide range of potential medical situations, including learning how to perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and how to use an Automated External Defibrillator.
It also gives participants a grounding in:
- Patient assessment
- Incident procedures
- Common medical emergencies
- Injury management and shock
- Care of an unconscious patient
- Burns and electrical injury care
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia
- How to communicate and report the incident
How long is ASM’s First Aid Responder Beginner training?
The course takes 3 days and is open to those over the age of 16 who have a good level of English. It is assessed by an MCQ test and skills assessment.
Upcoming 3 Day Courses
For a full list of upcoming courses click “Book Course” below.
Course location: 1 Day on Zoom and 2 Days in Person at SMA Community Centre, Wilton, Cork
Got a Question before you Book?
Fill in the contact form below and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly.